The following instructions may be helpful when preparing for your upcoming surgery. Please do not hesitate to call if you have any last minute questions. We can be reached at Seattle Office Phone Number 206-223-1501 during regular business hours.
- Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early for your scheduled appointment
- Please be sure to pick up your prescriptions in advance of your appointment.
- Please review your prescriptions closely, some antibiotics and sedative pills may need to be taken prior to your appointment.
- If you will be sedated, please ensure you have a driver available to escort you to and from our office.
- We recommend parking in Pacific Place or The Medical Dental Building where we validate parking for new patient exams and surgical procedures.
- It may be important to stop taking aspirin and non-steroidals such as Motrin and Advil, 7-10 days prior to your surgery.
- If you are taking Coumadin or another blood thinner, remember to discontinue them as directed.
- If you take antibiotic premedication for heart issues or prosthetic joints, please take it as directed before your surgery.
- You will feel better if you have eaten prior to surgery, however you will need to fast if you are scheduled for Intravenous Sedation.
- We keep the office cool, so dress warmly.
- You may bring your iPod or MP3 player with you if you like.
Here is a helpful video to review prior to your appointment. Note that fasting is only recommended if you will be having IV (intravenous) sedation:
In order to evaluate your progress and healing, we will see you for weekly post-operative checks during the first 1-5 weeks. In most cases, after surgery we will also look forward to seeing you back for a periodontal maintenance cleaning and an examination of tissue maturation about 10-12 weeks following the surgery.
Please alert the office to any allergies or sensitivities that you might have to antibiotics. You will be prescribed an antibiotic if our doctor determines it to be necessary. Take as directed until gone. It is advisable not to take these medications on an empty stomach, as nausea may result. For women taking birth control pills, be advised that antibiotics may interfere with their effectiveness.
PREPARING FOR AFTERWARDS
preparing a post-op menu, please consider some of the following choices:
- Ensure/Slim Fast
- Apple Sauce
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Mashed Potatoes
- Milk Shakes
- Cottage Cheese